Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

{dinner with s+c}








I feel every opportunity should be taken to make things special. Even if it's just having friends over - why not make it beautiful? Last night we had Sara and Carlos over for dinner. On the menu?
  • Fresh Caprese Salad
  • Grilled Corn with Cilantro and Lime Butter
  • A Combination of Cowboy, Cowgirl, Hawaiian, and Santa-Fe Grillers
  • Homemade Raspberry Sorbet with a Chocolate Mint Garnish
Since we don't have a formal dining room, we always entertain on the patio. It has also become my only place for table decoration. To be honest, we probably use the table outside more often than we would use one in a dining room. When the weather is nice, we eat breakfast and dinner out here. Since it's outside, when decorating I have to think of things that make sense outside. I can't do cutesie place mats or really cool centerpieces because they either blow away or just seem too yuppy for the setting. I have seen this place mat idea many times, but never had a chance to use it. With my free time, I actually had time to make it yesterday. I think it turned out really nice. It complimented the setting by embracing the fact that we were outside. 


0 comments: