Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

{i found it!}


I found it! I found it! This is the sink I've been looking for since the thought of remodeling our bathroom crossed my mind - and wouldn't you know, it was in my backyard! There is this new (and I might add AWESOME) store at 79th and Wornall called ReStore. It's the Habitat for Humanity outlet. They take all of the furnishings and hardware from the houses they remodel/tear down and bring them, literally, to my backyard.

Anyways, we started the bathroom project last Saturday. We pulled the old flooring and replace it with new plywood and tile. It is looking really nice. We ran into a few problems, mostly ones we made, along the way. First, remodeling a bathroom DOES NOT fall into our budget. So after a few tears were shed, we decided that if we were going to do it, we were going to do it right! That only meant the budget fairy (I bet you can guess which one of us that is) was not a happy camper. Regardless, we are both going to love the new space. Second, for some absurd reason, we decided to paint our current vanity turquoise. That has to be the least thought-out decision we have ever made. As you can imagine, it was HORRIBLE! Bad-kids-room-horrible!

Now that I have found the sink, we have to move a few pipes and figure out how to hang it on the wall. Sounds simple, but I can imagine it will take a while. Soon enough, though, we will have the bathroom I have been looking forward to.

Regardless of the frustration and headache it causes, I love the challenge of remodeling and figuring out how to make the small space of our house seem a little bit bigger and more usable. It is definitely worth it in the end. Tim and I make a pretty good team. He lets me know when I'm being unreasonable (and by that I mean when I am spending too much money) or overly ambitious. He always puts in his two cents about the design of the space and, thankfully, he always pulls me back on track. I always try and do the same for him. The product of our crazy overly-ambitious projects is this beautiful little love nest we call home.

0 comments: