Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 05, 2011

{art show}

Welcome!
Third Grade fantasy birds. I just love the personalities of each one.
First grade warm/cool butterflies. We accordion folded and then tie-dyed them.
Fourth grade Lichtenstein self-portraits. Every single student made it their own. It's amazing how much they actually look like the student, too.
Second grade clowns. These are on 18x24 poster paper and are hilarious!!
Third grade observation studies. They studied real photos of fish and underwater scenes to create their work.















Every once in a while I realize how much fun my job is and how lucky I am to have it. I mean, seriously, I have fun all day long, everyday! Don't get me wrong, there are some things I don't like about my job and there are days that I wish would just end, but this time of year I begin to be very thankful. I have been so busy getting the art show ready and I probably haven't been the best teacher because of it, but seeing everything up and reflecting on what we've learned and how much the kids have experimented really puts a smile on my face.

From kindergarten simply learning how to make accurate shapes, to fourth graders pushing themselves to create entire compositions, they all seem to amaze me. I love that my job is to make them think about things in another way. I am helping them to become more aware, open and observant. I notice the students are getting better about talking and writing about art - they are using their own experiences to connect with different artists and works. It's just so fun to see them grow as artists and as people. Being around such creativity is like a constant injection of goodness and I hope it lasts forever.



1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I had your job! The artwork is great!! Take more pics and send them to me since I won't be able to come and see it all. Hope tonight goes flawless. I love you!

Katie