Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, March 03, 2011

{american red cross}

my original inspiration
On one of my many snow days I went to the Mission Antique Mall. One of my favorite places to go. I had been looking for "art" for the bathroom, but knew I wanted something very simple. I came across this American Red Cross flag - original from the '60s. I thought it would look great hanging alone in the bathroom. It was definitely a statement piece without saying "Hey, look at me!" I saw the price, though, and decided against it. When I showed Tim, he said "Samantha, you could make this..." LIGHT BULB ON!

Three snow days later...and I went for it.



After I had the flag sewn, I stained it in tea. This is what really made it look original.
Now it hangs all alone in our new bathroom.
 I am really happy with the way it turned out. Unfortunately though , it doesn't photograph well. The bathroom is too small for me to take a picture of the space as a whole. Ahh...small spaces. Gotta love them.

** Side note: Thanks to Grandma, I didn't even have to leave the house for this project. I used her sewing machine, grommets and grommet hammer. I have all of her art supplies in my basement, but hardly know what's even down there! Surprise!

0 comments: